DONT MISS OUT ON OUR FULLY ENCLOSED BOAT STORAGE
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
41 U-Lock is located at 10904 Jenny Lane, Schererville, IN 46375. The 1st street just south of 77th ave.
What are your office hours?
You can visit our office from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (Monday through Friday).
When can I access my unit?
Our tenants have property access every day from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm.
How far are you from St. John, Indiana?
We’re only 2 miles away, which means you can reach our self-storage facility after a short 4-minute drive from St. John. We’re also convenient to the communities of Schererville, Crown Point, Dyer, Highland, Griffith, and Merrillville, as well as Hammond and its Purdue University Northwest campus.
Do you offer portable storage?
We sure do! We offer Mi-box portable mobile storage and we deliver a variety of portable unit sizes right to your door. You can keep them at your place or we can take it back to store it for you in our secure, temperature controlled warehouse facility.
Do you offer any Storage & Packing Tips ·
·Pack your things in similar sized boxes as they will be easier to stack.
·Use packing paper to fill in gaps in your boxes to keep the contents stable and boxes sturdy.
·Stack heavier items on the bottom – But be sure not to over pack your boxes so they don’t get too heavy or dangerous.
· Leave spaces in between stacking boxes to allow air flow in the unit.
· Use Pallets or Plastic Bins under cardboard boxes to keep them off the unit floor.
· Make a plan on how to organize your unit. Leave an aisle. This will save you time in the long run. You can stack chairs seat to seat and use larger items to store blankets, clothes and knickknacks inside.
· Label all boxes on ALL sides. This will also save you time in the long run.
· Make an inventory and map of your unit. This way you know where everything is.
· Pack items that you will be frequently accessing towards the front. This way they don’t get buried behind stuff.
· Take apart large items, such as bed frames, tables, etc. This will save space and prevent them from breaking. Be sure to keep all parts together. Keep screws and smaller parts handy by taping them to the larger item they belong to.
· If storing appliances be sure to thoroughly clean and dry them out first!!! Leave the door slightly open on refrigerators and microwaves to help prevent mildew.
· Rub a small amount of oil on metal tools, bikes, etc. This will help prevent rust. Be sure to keep away from things that you don’t want oil to rub off on.
· Store mirrors and paintings on end. Do not lay them flat. Wrap and indicate they are fragile.
· Lay blankets or cloth over and between furniture to prevent scratching.
· Dust covers are a very good idea. It will help keep your items a bit cleaner.
· Absolutely NO FOOD in your unit. This attracts unwanted guests. · You MUST drain all gas and oil from your lawnmowers, snow blowers, etc. It is against the law to store hazardous or combustible materials in a storage unit.
· Do not put moth balls in your boxes of clothes. This could stain your clothes.
· Put plastic or tarps on floor under furniture.
How about vehicle storage?
We have that, too! Whether you want to keep your RV safe until your next weekend adventure or you need a spot to park your boat, we offer many parking spaces to accommodate your vehicle. No need to keep scrambling to find space for everything else in your garage or driveway.
What is drive-up access?
Drive-up access is a useful feature that allows our tenants to drive out here conveniently and park their vehicles directly next to our storage units. This will make for an easy time loading and unloading your belongings.
Can I pay my bills online?
Yes, you can! Our customers can pay their rent and reserve other storage units from their home, office space, or anywhere else with an internet connection.
How safe is your property?
Our self-storage facility is clean, fenced and gated. We also have video cameras throughout the area that provide 24-hour monitoring, as well as a variety of secure storage units, so you can be sure your belongings are safe while you’re away.
How do I get started?
We are always happy to help new and existing tenants find the perfect option for storage of their extra goods. Whether you’re ready to start or have some questions first, feel free to reach out to us.
Is this a family-owned facility?
Yes, our self-storage facility and portable unit’s service are owned and operated by local people in your area. Instead of dealing with a random person in a call center, you will talk directly to someone who knows the business personally and values your possessions.